Zero Emission Bus Workshop Series
To help accelerate our transition to zero emission bus fleets, Zemo Partnership will be hosting a series of physical workshops for our members across the UK. These interactive workshops will share the experiences of operators and local authorities who have worked with suppliers to successfully overcome the obstacles and challenges of transitioning to electric or hydrogen vehicles.
Full Project Brief (members only)
- To share best practice and understand the challenges and solutions in introducing ZEBs.
- To host UK-wide workshops in conjunction with local authorities and operators.
- To produce a post-event report summarising key findings.
- To promote our ‘Zero and Ultra Low Emission Bus Guide’ to inform smaller bus operators and local authorities about ZEB technologies, grant support and case studies.
Actions and Achievements
- Workshops/webinars will address:
- Route planning for zero emission buses.
- Grid connection processes and challenges.
- Vehicle specifications, ancillary loads and energy efficiency.
- Practical challenges of depot electrification and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure.
- Driver and passenger experiences.
- Four ZEB webinars/workshops will be held with post-workshop recordings and summary reports available online.
Battery Electric Bus Workshop – Abellio London - 24th May 2023
Zemo held an in-person event to showcased and facilitated the sharing of experiences of Abellio London. Abellio has worked with suppliers Enel-X, Wrightbus and Rock Road to successfully overcome the obstacles and challenges of introducing a fleet of 30 Wrightbus Streetdeck Electroliner vehicles and charging infrastructure to their Twickenham depot in West London.
Workshop Introduction & Marketing Monitoring - Tim Griffen, Zemo Partnership
Abellio London Presentation - Jon Eardley, Abellio London
Leasing Zero Emission Buses - Jake Liver, Rock Road London
Driving a greener future - Tom Greenshields, Wrightbus
Electrified Ecosystems - Ged Ward, Enel-X
Infrastructure and civil works - Craig Halloran, CleanerEV
TfL Bus Fleet Update - Lisa Dipnarine, Transport for London
Battery Electric Bus Workshop - McGills Glasgow- 7th October 2021
Zemo hosted a public workshop to share the experience and knowledge gained from the rollout of battery electric buses and supporting infrastructure in Glasgow.
Scroll down to watch a full recording of the presentations and discussion session.
All sides from workshop
Click on the image below to watch the full recording of the workshop: