Zemo Partnership is seeking support from the UK coach industry to form a Coach Interest Group to help support the industry in preparation for a low emission future. The group aims to help the industry adapt to future challenges such as understanding and meeting Clean Air Zones requirements, retrofitting options and identifying opportunities for decarbonisation.
The initial aims of the group are to:
- Understand how the UK coach market contributes to road transport greenhouse gas and air pollution emissions, characteristics of the coach industry in terms of operators and journey profiles
- Identify the barriers to purchasing low emission vehicles, retrofit technologies and low carbon fuels (fiscal and non-fiscal)
- Assess the potential for government support for coach retrofit
- Define an Ultra-Low Emission Coach
- Develop an Ultra-Low Emission Coach Scheme
Zemo Partnership will be working closely with the Confederation of Passenger Transport (CPT) and the Department for Transport (DfT) who have both expressed support for the aims of the group.
Zemo Partnership is aiming to host a workshop in Q1 of 2019 to assess the appetite of the industry to support the aims of the group . If you would like to participate in this workshop please complete the form below to receive more information about future meetings and activities.
Expression of Interest Form