Information provision and collaboration is key to the uptake of new ultra-low and zero emission bus technologies. Understanding new technology, the challenges and changes to current business and operational models can be gained by sharing best practice. Building on a refreshed version of the Ultra-Low Emission Bus Guide, the Secretariat will continue to organise and hold regional workshops, providing insights from local authorities, infrastructure companies and bus operators who have successfully implemented Zero Emission Bus technologies into their fleets.
(Note: This project links with the ‘Zero Emission Fleet Workshops/Webinars’ project.)
- To share the latest information and best practice, to improve understanding about the challenges and opportunities of the introduction of Zero Emission Buses into existing fleets
- To promote new technologies and market entrants in the bus sector
Actions & Outputs
- To promote the refreshed (May 20) ULEB/LEB Guide to inform smaller bus operators and local authorities about ZEB technologies, grant support and case studies
- To host three/four regional Zero Emission Bus Workshops in partnership with local authorities across the UK
- To produce a summary report following each event summarising key findings and discussions
- Facilitated by Zemo Partnership Secretariat, the project will be a collaboration with Bus Working Group members and include engagement with other OEMs, bus operators, local authorities, fuel and infrastructure suppliers, DNOs.
Timeline & Deliverables
April 2020 – March 2021