Background & Challenge
Zemo Partnership will provide key support to the roll-out of the Department for Transport’s All-Electric Bus Towns scheme which has been awarded to Coventry. Funding of £50m will support the purchase of electric buses and associated infrastructure over the next 3 years.
The All-Electric Bus Town initiative seeks:
- To transform the diesel-powered bus fleet in one city to a zero emission all electric fleet.
- To reduce upfront costs by facilitating large-scale procurement.
- To achieve further savings through the roll-out of a coordinated programme of grid upgrades, for both bus depot and route-based charging.
Zemo Partnership will:
- Support Transport for West Midlands (TfWM) and the Coventry steering group throughout the programme.
- Disseminate experience and learnings to the Bus Working Group.
- Engage the membership by providing model information and supporting OEM test vehicles.
Actions and Outputs
- Quarterly updates on All-Electric Bus Cities delivery programme.
- Distribution via WG meetings and Zemo.org.uk.
April 2021– March 2022