Background and Challenge
The powered light vehicle (PLV) sector has the potential to provide a personal mobility and freight delivery alternative to traditional passenger cars and vans. This is particularly true of inner city/urban environments where the compact size of a PLV takes less road space and consumes fewer resources in terms of manufacture, vehicle operation and supporting infrastructure.
Building on existing relationships with the Motorcycle Industry Association (MCIA) and the PLV special interest group, Zemo Partnership aims to stimulate the uptake of zero emission PLVs, with an ambition for these to be designed and manufactured in the UK wherever possible.
- To understand and address key barriers to the development of a successful PLV market in the UK
- To identify the potential for the development of the PLV market and its contribution to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction
Actions and Outputs
- A GHG life cycle analysis report for L-category vehicles, delivered in conjunction with the MCIA and the PLV special interest group.
- A high-level specification for a PLV urban delivery vehicle.
- An action plan for the growth of the zero emission PLV sector.
April 2021 – March 2022