Background and Challenge
To help accelerate the uptake of zero emission commercial vehicles, Zemo Partnership will work with its members to develop detailed proposals for enhancing the Plug-in Truck and Van grant schemes, with a particular focus on test procedures and assessment criteria. This will be submitted to the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
- To use expertise within the Partnership team, aided by our members, to develop test and assessment protocols for enhanced Plug-in Truck and Plug-in Van grant schemes to be adopted by OZEV.
- To assist vehicle suppliers and test facilities through the application/assessment processes.
- To build knowledge of EU/VECTO reporting and assessment protocols as they develop and to identify future alignment opportunities.
Actions and Outputs
- Proposals submitted to OZEV for detailed revisions to vehicle test procedures and assessment protocols for the Plug-In Truck Grant.
- Attending regular meetings with EU/VECTO experts.
- Delivery of assessment protocol proposals – May 2021
- Ongoing engagement with applicants, test houses, OZEV and VECTO experts thereafter – March 2022