Background and Challenge
Zemo Partnership are helping to deliver the UK HGV industry’s commitment to achieve a 15% reduction in GHG emissions by 2025 (tank-to-wheel, from a 2015 baseline) by supporting the Energy Saving Trust (EST) freight decarbonisation activity; focussing on promoting and developing content for the existing Freight Portal.
- To develop portal content using the Partnership’s specialist in-house expertise with member support.
- To signpost and promote the Freight Portal within the commercial vehicle sector.
Actions and Outputs
- Generate detailed worked examples of freight decarbonisation strategies for use on the Freight Portal.
- Playing an active role at EST/DfT meetings, reporting progress and providing wider input, member engagement and support.
- Dissemination of EST and Freight Portal activity via the Commercial Vehicle Working Group.
- Delivery of worked examples – May 2021
- Ongoing support and promotion thereafter – Mar 2022