Background and Challenge
To help deliver a 15% reduction in HGV carbon emissions by 2025, Zemo Partnership will continue to provide ongoing input and support to the Department for Transport’s (DfT) Freight Emissions Reduction Group (FERG).
This includes developing a bottom-up metric to assess progress against the UK HGV industry voluntary commitment to achieve a 15% reduction in GHG emissions by 2025, tank-to-wheel, from a 2015 baseline.
- To develop metrics and a target-monitoring framework using in-house expertise and member support.
- To regularly participate in FERG meetings to report progress and provide wider input and support.
Actions and Outputs
- To develop detailed proposals for the target-monitoring framework.
- Dissemination of FERG activity via our Commercial Vehicle Working Group.
- Proposals for a target monitoring framework – October 2021
- Ongoing support thereafter – March 2022