27 Oct 2021
14:00 – 15:30 BST
Electric vehicles (EVs) have a critical part to play in road transport decarbonisation. As the market for electric vehicles accelerates, understanding the life cycle environmental impacts of lithium batteries will become increasingly important. It is essential that the transition to widescale electrification materialises sustainably.
Zemo Partnership will be hosting a series of webinars to explore the latest insights into lithium battery life cycle analysis, joined by a range of expert UK and international speakers.
This first webinar will examine lithium battery manufacture and raw material supply chains.
Session Chair – Gloria Esposito, Head of Sustainability, Zemo Partnership
- Battery chemistry and technology roadmap - Jon Regnart, Automotive Technology Strategist, Advanced Propulsion Centre UK
- Lithium battery life cycle analysis emissions and energy - Jarod Kelly, Vehicle Systems Analyst Engineer, Argonne National Laboratory
- The ranging impact of materials used in EV batteries – Dr Robert Pell, Managing Director, Minviro
- The effects of ESG-based policies on the lithium sector - Dominic Wells, Senior Analyst, Roskill
- Outlook for EV batteries and their environmental impact: 2025 and beyond – Dr Stuart Coles, Deputy Director of Research Degrees, University of Warwick