Movin’On, presented by Michelin and organized by Montreal-based C2, is taking the next step. From May 30 - June 1, in Montréal, over 5,000 leaders of the global mobility ecosystem from the public and private sectors will share their ideas, expertise and experience and forge ahead on the mobility of tomorrow.
After the resounding success of the 2017 edition, this year’s event will be centered on the overarching theme ‘’Bringing global, smart, sustainable and multimodal mobility to life’’. The Davos of sustainable mobility will tackle six new subject areas:
- Decarbonization and air quality: a focus on low-carbon transport and the implementation of a global macro-roadmap to achieve clean and sustainable mobility by 2050
- The new multimodal society: a focus on the future of urban mobility and user experiences, whether to accommodate low-impact mobility solutions, to rethink spaces allocated to traditional cars or to anticipate the emergence of green vehicles
- Innovative technologies: a focus on concrete solutions to propel the transportation of the future, dream the impossible and see the emergence of autonomous and connected vehicles by 2020.
- Working together to accelerate change: a focus on every aspect of the transformation of mobility, including ideas to improve cross country mobility and aims to find solutions to the challenges and questions that are on everyone’s lips.
- Mobility at the time of circular economy: a focus on the shift from the traditional linear take-make-dispose economic model to a new resource-efficient era, in particular by tackling head on the issue of planned, or unintended but avoidable obsolescence.
- Moonshots in mobility: a focus on the world of moonshots that will transform mobility as we know it and shape tomorrow’s means of transportation.
Confirmed speakers so far include:
Thierry Bonhomme, CEO, Orange Business Services and Deputy CEO, Orange
Laurent Burelle, Chairman and CEO, Plastic Omnium
Brigitte Courtehoux, Director of the Connected Business Services and New Mobilities Unit, PSA
Fabien Derville, President, Mobivia
Jean-François Gagné, Co-Founder and CEO, Element AI
Sampo Hietanen, Co-Founder and CEO, MaaS Global Ltd.
Marie-Christine Lombard, Chairman of the Executive Board, Geodis
Guillaume Pepy, Chairman of the Executive Board, SNCF
Patrick Pouyanné, Chairman and CEO, Total
Joshua L. Schank, Chief Innovation Officer, L.A. County METRO