16 Jun 2022
All Day Virtual Event
Global Action Plan
Nationwide events and activities
The 5th annual Clean Air Day is being held on Thursday, 16 June. The organiser, Global Action Plan, is urging individuals, groups, organisations and other stakeholders to get involved in a wide range of activities to help raise awareness of the facts about improving air quality.
The theme for this year's campaign is: “Air pollution dirties every organ in your body. Take steps to improve your health this Clean Air Day.”
National Clean Air Day aims to:
- Focus attention on air pollution
- Showcase that a cleaner future is possible and desirable
- Demonstrate large-scale support for clean air, giving decision-makers a mandate to implement the system changes required.
- Helps to improve public understanding and increase levels of air pollution busting behaviours.
Other information and activity ideas are listed on the event website including resources for:
- Communities and individuals
The World Health Organisation and the UK Government have both recognised that air pollution is the largest environmental health risk we face today.