Mechadyne researches, develops and licenses advanced valvetrain systems for internal combustion engines. Our cost-effective proven technologies use Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) to produce greener, more efficient engines.
Our VVA products cover the following key areas:
- Variable valve lift and duration.
- Concentric camshafts.
- Twin-output camshaft phasers.
Application of these technologies to internal combustion engines can significantly improve all aspects of their performance from power and torque (down-sizing and down-speeding) to fuel economy and emissions.
Reseach & Development
1. The NICE project (part of SUSTDEV-2.1.1): A diesel research engine using exhaust secondary valve lift and variable intake valve closing. Test results show significant HC and CO reduction, improved after-treatment efficiency, and reduced specific fuel consumption.
2. The SYNERGY project: Application of an advanced air-management system for low CO2 emissions in a hybrid diesel powertrain.
3. Improved scavenging through use of an Exhaust secondary lift: Use of a short exhaust pre-lift in combination with a turbo-charger for significant increases in specific output, giving opportunities for both down-sizing and down-speeding (reduced CO2).