Zemo Partnership members agree that:
- Climate change is an urgent problem requiring greenhouse gas emissions to be dramatically reduced locally - according to the UK’s net zero objectives - and globally, to limit the risk of serious impacts.
- Road transport creates one fifth of our greenhouse gas emissions and must play its full part in the transition to net zero emissions through a combination of improved vehicle technology, use of alternative fuels and responsible vehicle use.
- Government, industry, users and other stakeholders share responsibility for accelerating the supply of, and demand for, zero emission vehicles and fuels and technologies which contribute to the overall achievement of net zero.
- The UK should provide leadership to the international community by demonstrating how to achieve a sustainable pathway to a net zero transport future, thereby stimulating opportunities for UK-based businesses.
- Working collaboratively through a multi-stakeholder cross sector partnership is an effective means to accelerate transport to zero emissions.
Member Commitment to Change
- That the time for change is now. Road transport creates one-fifth of our greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to a dangerous future of climate change. This cannot continue as it is: air quality and transport pollution are problems we need to solve.
- That pursuing a target of zero tailpipe emissions and net zero lifecycle emissions is necessary to achieve these ambitions.
As a Zemo Partnership member, we pledge:
- Our commitment to accelerating transport to zero emissions
- To play an active role within Zemo Partnership
- To continue taking meaningful actions in my/our organisation to reduce transport emissions
- To work collaboratively and openly with other members