Background and Challenge
Zemo Partnership’s Commercial Vehicle Working Group will continue its successful engagement with the commercial vehicle ancillary systems sector, raising awareness and disseminating its findings to date.
- To build the evidence base relating to commercial vehicle ancillary systems, including but not limited to 'transport refrigeration units' (TRU).
- To raise awareness of the GHG emission impact of ancillary systems.
- To promote the TRU test report on Zemo Partnership’s website and seek external presentation opportunities.
Subject to funding, additional objectives are:
- To deliver phase 2 of the TRU test programme, including the development of combined test cycles and the testing of emerging ancillary technologies.
- To identify the barriers and opportunities associated with low carbon/zero emission ancillary systems and to establish a plan of action for the sector.
Actions and Outputs
- Publication of TRU Transport Scotland test report.
- Dissemination workshop for TRU test report.
- Phase 2 TRU test programme and report (subject to funding).
- Action plan and recommendations for the ancillary system sector (subject to funding).
- TRU Report – July 2021
- Ongoing promotion and engagement – March 2022
- Phase 2 TRU test programme – March 2022 (subject to funding)
- Ancillary system sector recommendations – March 2022 (subject to funding)