Posted: 25 Mar 2022
Location: C. London/Remote-working
Salary: £28k - £32k
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Zemo Partnership is seeking to expand its existing team with the addition of two graduate project officers. The ideal candidates will be dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with a genuine interest in both transport and the environment. The successful applicants will be joining an organisation at the very heart of the road transport revolution as the UK sets out on the journey to achieving net zero in 2050. The role entails supporting programme managers across a wide range of projects focused on enabling transport and the energy to power it, to reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
Both posts are available within the salary range of £28k-£32k, depending on experience, plus benefits.
The posts are to work within the existing Zemo team to support the delivery of the Partnership’s work programme. Key responsibilities are:
- To support programme managers who lead workstreams related to the passenger car, van and heavy duty vehicle sectors
- To undertake a variety of tasks including research, data analysis, the preparation of high-quality written reports and the delivery of presentations
- To support organising and facilitating workshops and meetings, both face-to-face and virtual
- To act as the interface between a variety of stakeholders and project managers, engaging with a wide range of members from technician to CEO
- With an appropriate level of experience, to engage with government officials and convey key messages for the development of low and zero carbon policies
Once established and proven in the role, opportunities will arise to lead a Zemo working group and to participate in the specification of projects.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge and interest in low carbon, low/zero emission vehicles and fuels/energy, plus experience in the management and delivery of projects. Other key skills are:
- A bachelor's degree (or near equivalent) in an appropriate subject (examples include engineering, sciences, mathematics, economics, politics and law)
- Strong research, numerical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and oral
- Strong computer literacy – especially in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Confident, motivated and well organised
Zemo operates a flexible and blended working environment. The post is based in the Zemo Central London office in Westminster with a proportion of the working week to be supported through remote working.
Applicants should respond to the Zemo Partnership Secretariat (email@example.com) with a CV and a covering letter detailing relevant experience.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE