Zemo Partnership is seeking to expand its existing team with the addition of two graduate project officers. The ideal project officer candidates will be dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with a genuine interest in both transport and the environment. The successful applicants will be joining an organisation at the very heart of the road transport revolution as the UK sets out on the journey to achieving net zero in 2050. The role entails supporting programme managers across a wide range of projects focused on enabling transport and the energy to power it, to reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions.
Both posts are available within the salary range of £28k-£32k, depending on experience, plus benefits.
Zemo Partnership is a multi-stakeholder organisation with over 200 members, working to accelerate a sustainable shift to low and zero carbon vehicles and fuels in the UK, whilst stimulating opportunities for UK businesses. The members include many leading vehicle manufacturers, technology providers, fuel suppliers, major fleet operators, environmental and consumer groups, academics and government departments. Zemo Partnerhsip’s main activities are focused on:
- Working with Government and other policy makers to enable the development and deployment of effective market transformation policies and programmes
- Building evidence and research with multi-stakeholder input and review
- Engaging industry, stimulating and leading voluntary industry-wide initiatives
- Enhancing stakeholder knowledge and understanding to build a consensus for sustainable change and encouraging active engagement
- Ensuring consumers and operators are informed about the opportunities and benefits of low/zero carbon options and promoting their uptake
- Helping UK business to benefit from new market opportunities
Much of the Partnership’s activity is project led, working in collaboration with our wide membership base. The work programme is developed in consultation with the working groups and government officials and is focused on delivering activities in each programme area, these being passenger cars and light vehicles, fuels, energy infrastructure, commercial vehicles and bus/coach.
The posts are to work within the existing team to support the delivery of the Partnership’s work programme.
Key responsibilities are:
- To support programme managers who lead workstreams related to the bus and coach sector and the energy and infrastructure initiatives
- To undertake a variety of tasks including research, data analysis, the preparation of high-quality written reports and the delivery of presentations
- To support organising and facilitating workshops and meetings, both face-to-face and virtual
- To act as the interface between a variety of stakeholders and project managers, engaging with a wide range of members from technician to CEO
- With an appropriate level of experience, to engage with government officials and convey key messages for the development of low and zero carbon policies
Once established and proven in the role, opportunities will arise to lead a Zemo working group and to participate in the specification of projects.
The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge and interest in low carbon, low/zero emission vehicles and fuels/energy, plus experience in the management and delivery of projects.
Other key skills are:
- A Bachelors’ degree in an appropriate subject, examples include engineering, physical sciences, mathematics, economics
- Strong research, numerical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written and oral
- Strong computer literacy – especially in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Confident, motivated and well organised
Zemo Partnership operates a flexible and blended working environment. The post is based in the Zemo Partnership's Central London office in Westminster with a proportion of the working week to be supported through remote working.
Applicants should respond to the Zemo Secretariat with a CV and a covering letter detailing relevant experience. CLOSING DATE: Friday, 13 August 2021
NO AGENCIES PLEASE