From this place of global strength, through this strategic hiring, we intend to aggressively pursue ‘e-bus’ opportunities across Europe (outside of Spain and Italy, where we are already delivering competitive e-bus solutions). This is a foundational position that will play a critical role in establishing our Europe e-bus business and driving its success. In particular, the priority focus of this expansion plan is the UK e-bus market. In the UK Enel X has already been awarded for two e-bus projects, and due to the high market potential intends to further grow the small local team dedicated to this specific business.
Reporting to the Sales and Business development Manager, E-bus UK, you will be responsible for building and executing on our e-bus business plan.
In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include:
- drive the growth of the eBus business in UK, in terms of Business Development and Sales;
- identify and pursue the best strategy to continue the growth in the eBus business in the UK, in terms of value proposition, go to market strategy, partnership needs (to be more effective in winning tenders and opportunities), target customers …;
- Continue (existing) and build (new) strong relationships with potential partners and customers, such as existing and new public and private transport service providers and other key players (public transport authorities, operators, engineering companies and bus manufacturers...);
- Create and articulate compelling value propositions around eBus solutions and related partnership opportunities, by properly managing and customizing the modular eBus Enel X offer described above;
- Identify (both scouting and origination approaches) new business opportunities;
- negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions;
- drive the development of project proposals (versus both private and public customer, thus leveraging both private/public tenders and direct negotiation initiatives), covering (with support from internal and/or external local engineering resources) design of electrical infrastructure, specifications preparation, cost and delivery timelines estimation, modelling of the project’s energy supply needs and development of the best commercial model for meeting them (considering the transition from diesel to electric buses, network tariff/conditions, retail/wholesale energy pricing, the role of energy storage, and the potential for depot-to-grid revenue streams),
- preparation of tender/bid documents;
- Support and direct proposal responses by reviewing RFP requirements, designing and describing technical solutions, and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts;
- Participate to BD and sales events (conferences, trade shows…) and interact with other Enel X and Enel Group units to integrate value added services into the product catalogue, setup strategic partnership to boost business development;
- Develop and propose sales budgets and growth forecasts, aligned with the sales strategy;
- Closely coordinating with all relevant internal stakeholders, including global and local eBus BD, regional leadership, marketing, product management, engineering, energy markets, procurement and legal. Generally speaking, you will cooperate with both local and global units.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in Transportation Engineering or similar (other degrees will be evaluated just in case of exceptional competences on the other requirements);
- Proven knowledge of UK public transport sector with particular reference to bus and e-bus fleets (minimum 3 years);
- In-depth knowledge of UK urban transport, and more specifically bus and eBus business internationally;
- 6+ years of experience in business development, sales, partnership development or related role;
- A good understanding of Tech sales/engineering is highly valued;
- A proven track record of meetings and exceeding sales quotas;
- Highly proficient in financial modeling in Excel and project management tools, including business case scenario analysis;
- Open, communicative and team-oriented: ability to interact with staff at all levels of the company and with external parties as well;
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills;
- Goal oriented, resilient: persistence to achieve results; ? Ability to meet deadlines, and work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Ability to work independently;
- Willingness to travel;
- Business fluency in Norwegian, Polish, German is a plus.
Enel X is the global business line of Enel Group, combining its own progressive, future-oriented approach with the financial solidity and worldwide reach of the Group. We are leading the energy transformation all over the world, turning complex technologies into simple, approachable, effective solutions that enable everyone to transform energy into new opportunities for sustainable growth and progress. We are convinced that the energy solutions of the future are electric, digital and renewable.
Find out more information on https://www.enelx.com/uk/en.